Professional French translation services
French tourism soars every year with its eye-dropping architecture. It is home to museums, fashion houses, and mouthwatering culinary experiences. However, before you board the plane to the historic country, ensure professional French translations will aid you in immigration and travel issues.
What you didn’t know about the French language?
- The French language is not as old as Latin since its evolution began in the fifth century. If you didn’t know, French derives its roots in the Latin language. The French phrases have evolved over the centuries to become what you speak or read today.
- The French language was not the official language of France at one time in history. The country spoke Latin. However, after French Revolution, the French language was adopted by the local people in 1799.
- The French Academy has taken the responsibility to regulate and supervise the French language. It was created in the 1600s before the government ruled the official language be changed to French.
- The French language is filled in dialects where verbatim varies from different localities. There are southern, northern, and standard dialects. Paris speaks very expressive French. However, southern dialects are softer in accent compared to northern accents.
- French also has numerous accents, too. There is Belgian French, Caribbean French, Maghreb French, Indian French, Canadian French, and the list goes on.
- Even though the French alphabets contain W and K, they are not found in any genuine French words. However, you will find these alphabets in regional dialects and loanwords from foreign languages.
- The second-longest word in the French language contains 25 characters, anticonstitutionnellement.
- The longest word in the French language is 49 characters, aminométhylpyrimidinylhydroxyéthylméthythiazolium. However, the word is not included in the French dictionary.
- French is the official language in the diplomatic capacity of many international regulatory bodies. These organizations are the International Olympic Committee, the Red Cross, World Trade Organization, and the United Nations.
- French is also a statutory language at the International Court of Justice, International Criminal Court, the Court of Justice of the European Union, and European Court of Human Rights.
- Many words in English have originated in the French language. Furthermore, they are also embedded in the English language such as a la mode, cul-de-sac, and déjà vu.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is French spoken?
French is spoken in 29 countries. Wewon’t name them all but here are a few; France, Belgium, Cout d’Ivoire, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Seychelles, Togo, Vanuatu. Other countries include Thailand, China, the US, and Egypt.
How many people speak French?
French ranks fifth on the list of most-spoken languages. Therefore, the numbers are likely to be huge, too. 77 million people speak French as their native language. However, secondary French speakers are around 200 million.
Is French complicated to learn?
The complexity to learn French depends on the learner’s native language. Individuals with Spanish-speaking backgrounds will learn French faster than a native English speaker.
However, French is challenging to learn overall with homophones, gender use, inflections, and verb conjugations. As with any language, fluency comes with practice.
Is French a lover’s language?
French is considered a very romantic language because it evolved from Vulgar Latin that took place in the third and eighth centuries. Other romantic languages are Spanish, Italian, and Sicilian.
Why hire kings of Translation?
Understanding linguistic dialects
Kings of Translation takes pride in being culturally sensitive to all translations. It provides an immense understanding of linguistic boundaries and cultures. The service will prevent embarrassing mistakes with specifically catered translations that fulfill legal requirements, content cohesion, and social norms.
Kings of Translation hires excellent translators that are hired based on their academic qualifications and expertise. Previous employments aid in accurate representations in terms of perfect grammar, punctuation placement, no spelling mistakes, and employing relevant terminologies. The translation will perfectly mirror the source document.
Has your business suffered from economic losses due to inconsistent tenses? Work with Kings of Translation to experience streamlined workflow and professional French translations in different formats without compromising the quality of the translations.
Target foreign markets successfully
Kings of Translation is the perfect hire to expand your business into a foreign market. Our translators will translate product packaging and description from numerous sectors such as engineering, pharmaceuticals, fashion, food, and beverage industry.
Kings of Translation Area of expertise
Kings of Translation provides a professional translations in the following categories:
- Localizing games for the French entertainment sector
- Localizing mobile applications for French users
- Customer support translation for French clients
- Traveling guidelines, pamphlets, and menus for the French tourism
- Localizing websites to penetrate the French market
- Translating product description and packaging to appeal to the French customers
- French document translation
Say yes to quality translations
Make an excellent impression and convey company morals and messages by eliminating linguistic barriers. Our professional translators own relevant skills to document and consistently provide perfect translations to meet tight deadlines. Walk into our office and walk out as a client.