Professional Latvian translation services
Latvian is one of the Baltic languages whose causes for emergence are still unsure. Originally, Latvian was just a dialect in the Baltics around the eighth century. However, due to boundary conflicts and foreign influences, the language became widespread. Its use particularly grew to introduce sovereignty after the Soviet Union was abolished.
Here is what you didn’t know about the Latvian language
- The Latvian language made its debut in the 16th century. It was a collective language based on Curonian, Selonian, and Semigallian languages.
- The exact time cannot be pinpointed. However, the Latvian language was introduced to the western script through Sebastian Münster’s Cosmographia Universalis in the same century.
- The language finds its roots in the Latgalian tribe. The language was primarily spoken by them, which evolved into its modern stage.
- The first Latvian script dates back 1500s. It was published in 1507 as a Catholic agenda. The text contains prayers and handwritten passages called the Gisberts Lord’s Prayers.
- Latvian is a Baltic language with its roots connected to the Indo-European language. Furthermore, Latvian and Lithuanian have close ties to the Slavic and Germanic families.
- The Latvian alphabet is based on the modified version of the Roman alphabet. However, the Latvian alphabets do not contain w,q, x, and y. The letters are replaced with ì, î, â, ç, ò, ð, û, þ, í, ï, and è.
- The character Ö was officially removed from the Latvian alphabet in the 1940s.
- More than 200 newspapers have been published in the Latvian language, making its accumulated circulation in millions. Furthermore, more than 300 magazines and 2500 books are translated into the Latvian language.
- The first novels in the Latvian language were published in the 19th century. These were the Waves of Life and Times of the Land surveyors by the Kaudzītes brothers. Both literary pieces were written in 1879.
- The Latvian language contains borrowed words from Russian, German, and English languages due to the history and political instability in Latvia.
- The Latvian language has three dialects which can be easily divided into sub-dialects.
- The Tāmnieku dialect has Courland and Vidzeme variation
- The Middle dialect is divided into Curonian, Semigallian, and Vidzeme variations.
- The Eastern dialect is identified with Selonian and Non-Selonian variation.
- The middle dialect is spoken in southwestern and central Latvia. However, the Eastern dialect is spoken in Eastern Latvia. Each dialect is identifiable with unique phonetics.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people speak Latvian?
The Latvian language is spoken by 1.3 million people worldwide. It is chiefly spoken in Latvia. From there, it migrated to the European countries and surrounding nations.
Is Latvian a complicated language?
The Latvian language has three dialects with numerous analytical forms, which makes it challenging for an English, Italian, French, and Spanish speaker. Furthermore, it is complicated to pronounce too.
How many noun cases are there in the Latvian language?
A Latvian noun has seven cases. These are dative, accusative, locative, instrumental, vocative, genitive, and nominative.
Which language is closed to the Latvian language?
The Latvian language is closed to the Lithuanian language. However, these are not interchangeable despite having common Proto-Balto-Slavic roots.
Why Hire Kings of Translation?
Our expert staff has been specifically trained to respect and celebrate culture through their linguistic talent. The translators own the relevant skills to translate the source document with an extensive understating of cultural limitations. Furthermore, their nativeness contributes significantly to comprehending cultural differences while translating.
Instead of hiring a freelancer that will do a subpar job, consult with Kings of Translation for a professional Latvian translation. Our services will allocate the resources to your advantage while prioritizing tasks based on time and energy. We reassure the provided translations will be free of mistakes with the cohesive content flow.
Kings of Translation has the relevant tools to help the clients successfully localize websites and products to the Latvian region. Language is the first element a customer sees. Therefore, a brand must understand the importance of a close band based on common language.
Consider us the roadmap to your upcoming economic success. Kings of Translation will provide a clear sense of direction to your future market and expansionary plans. The professional Latvian translations are based on market research and the most updated logistics to present the current state of any argument.
Kings of Translation area of Expertise
Kings of Translation will provide professional translations in the following sectors:
- Localizing websites for Latvian customers and users
- Localizing games for the Latvian entertainment industry
- Localizing mobile applications for Latvian users
- Localizing product packaging for Latvian customers
- Customer support translation to aid Latvian clients
- Menus, pamphlets, and tourist guidelines for Latvian tourism
Hire Kings of Translation for professional translations
A translation service is critical to the successful implementation of any project. It will translate sensitive data according to the parameters provided. Kings of Translation works closely with the clients to enhance their bond with the customers. Schedule your first free meeting today.